1. STEEL WOOL FOR ELECTROWINNING, METAL SEPARATION & RECOVERY
Steel wool rolls or steel wool fibers are commonly used for METAL SEPARATION to lower or separate GOLD, SILVER, NICKEL & COPPER and other heavy metal ion contaminants. Common uses are in discharge water, fixer solutions from X ray film processors, and spent baths from Electroless Plating operations. Since steel wool is made from low carbon steel and has a high surface to weight ratio it is an excellent choice for metal separation and recovery, also known as the metal ion exchange process.
- Processing spent Fixer solutions from X-Ray & Photo Labs
- Electroless Nickel Platers
- Hexavalent Chrome Recovery
- Recyclers & Refiners
- Each Cartridge is evenly wound with precise tension to a specific density in order to create an even flow and prevent channeling.
- Available in all grades #0, #1, #2, #3 or #4.
- Choose from cardboard or PVC core or without core.
- We offer standard sizes as well as custom dimensions to fit your existing equipment or we can even develop a cartridge for your application.
- We also offer chopped steel fibers for higher surface exposure and improved flow.
- 4, 8, 12 and 24 & 25 lb Cartridges
- From the company whose history in the metal wool, cleaning and finishing business goes back nearly a full century.