Stainless Steel Wool Rolls:
Stainless steel wool is specially suited for many muffler / exhaust manufacturers, industrial insulation, thermal insulation in power stations, gas and liquid filtration, pipe insulation, mist eliminators, heavy metal separation when corrosive, rust, tinder and heat are a concern.
Product characteristics of Stainless steel wool:
- Continuous ribbon of Stainless steel wool, Type AISI 434 (316L -special order)
- Three common grades: Fine(50 micron), Medium (80 micron), Coarse (120 micron)
- Density is controlled and specified in grams per linear meter
- Excellent media source for corrosion resistance, noise reduction, and heat insulation
- Heat Resistance up to to 800° C
- Typical Reel size is 4″ wide and ¼” thick ribbon in 5 lb or 10 lb rolls (other sizes available)
- 5lb roll consists of approximately 125′ linear feet of continuous steel wool ribbon
- Highly Resistant to Exhaust Acids and High Vibration, Making it an Excellent Material for Muffler Baffling.
Type 434 Typical Chemistry:
C 0.12% max. ; Si 1.0% max. ; Mn 1.0% max. ; S 0.03% max. ;P 0.04% max.;
Cr 16.0 – 18.0% max. ; Mo 1.25% max.; Fe-balance.